Hello My Name Is...
NAOMI K. POINDEXTER
I will be your Language Arts teacher this year.
Welcome to Edison Preparatory Middle School.
I am so happy that you are here.
We will learn and grow in understanding.
- 28 YEARS OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE IN TULSA PUBLIC SCHOOLS ( BELL MS, CLINTON MS, FOSTER MS, EDISON MS)
- MASTER OF EDUCATION+30, READING SPECIALIST
- (NORTHEASTERN STATE UNIVERSITY)
- BACHELOR OF ARTS, LEARNING DISABILITIES, ENGLISH LITERATURE ( ORAL ROBERTS UNIVERSITY)
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, PEARL CITY HIGH SCHOOL PEARL CITY, HAWAII
- NATIONAL BOARD CERTIFIED TEACHER 2008 EARLY ADOLESCENCE/ ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS AGES 11-15
- WHO'S WHO AMONG AMERICA'S TEACHERS 2003-4, 2004-5
- DISTRICT AREA 1 AWARD 2005
- Edison Middle School Teacher of the Year 2010, District finalist
- HOLOCAUST TRAINING SOUTHWEST (ARIZONA 2008)
- ASIA IN THE CLASSROOM (2006)
- PROJECT WILD (2006), PROJECT LEARNING TREE (2005)
- AWOHALI GRADUATE (DISTRICT TEACHER TRAINING 2004)
- GREAT BOOKS (2004)
- PRE-AP TRAINING IN NEW MEXICO (2002), NORMAN ( 2003), MUSKOGEE( 2006)
- PRE-AP Training At the University of Tulsa (2010)
- BELFER TEACHER (2001) TRAINED AT UNITED STATES HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL MUSEUM
- BELFER SOUTHWEST (2008)
- SHAKESPEARE SET FREE, (2008, 2010, 2011)
- OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY WRITING PROJECT TEACHER CONSULTANT 2012
I belong to the following associations:
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development ( ASCD)
- National Council for Teachers of English ( NCTE)
- Tulsa Teachers Classroom Association (TCTA)
- Oklahoma Education Association ( OEA)
- National Education Association ( NEA)
I belong to the Tulsa area Holocaust Educators Committee.
I am a member of the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).
I am a member of the Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation (OCTP)
May 15, 16, 2013, Final exams are the group or individual scene perfomrance from the Taming of the Shrew.
Students will carry home a printed report on Wednesday or Thursday. Thank you for a great year.